12 Dec NO-SEW CAT BEDS
Time Needed: less than 30 minutes
When shelter cats are adopted into their new human families homes, they often are afraid and insecure in their new unfamiliar scent. Having their personal comfy beds that go along with them helps to ease their stress since the beds carry the cats’ scent. Making No-Sew Cat beds is a fun service project for small groups to do and will help to ease cats’ in transitioning. Here are the instructions and materials needed:
- Fleece blankets or fleece from a fabric bolt
- 1 standard pillow
- Yardstick or ruler
- Cut the standard sized pillow in half.
- Lay out fleece and fold in half. Place pillow half on top.
- Cut the piece of fabric approximately 3 inches away from the pillow on each side. (You might have to adjust where you put your pillow)
- Cut 3” strips along the sides of the pieces of fleece. Make the strips about 1” apart.
- Separate two pieces of fleece. Tie knots on three sides of the pieces of fleece.
- Insert pillow half inside the two pieces of fleece. Close the bed by tying off the remaining side.
- Repeat steps again for second pillow half.
Note: You can place pillow in between the two pieces of fleece before tying anything. Then you can tie all four sides at once. Tying all four sides at once is a little bit harder. Enjoy knowing you are helping others.